The silly season is fast approaching and you know what that means. Yep, that’s right, more people taking vacation, more bookings for you, and higher expectations all around. So we’ve come up with a small list to help get our hosts into holiday-mode and maximize on the craziest time of here: the holiday season.
Whether you’re looking for tips to make your guests happier or tips to help you cope with it all, we’ve got it covered.
Nothing says holidays like decorations and as a host, it’s that extra thoughtful touch that keeps your guests coming back and recommending your home to their friends and family. Spruce up your rental with some subtle holiday decorations, like a holiday-themed doormat, fun candles or hanging lights. Even better; leave something festive for your guests, like a poinsettia or a homemade fruitcake!
1. If you haven’t already done so, increasing your nightly minimum over the busy season (in particular Christmas and New Year’s Eve) is a fair way to optimize your earnings. Guests expect this and depending on the area of your rental, you could make up to 150% more.
2. Create a customized holiday welcome booklet that tells your guests about any changes to garbage days and times. You can even include information on what to do with any packages that may arrive while you’re away.
3. Use any holiday downtime to get organized for your expenses and check your pricing for the next year. Try Expensify or similar account tools that may help you save some time in 2020!
4. Before the holiday season kicks in, make sure you check your amenities list. Ensure everything is up to date as sometimes the amenities list changes on booking sites.
5. When the weather is cold, remind guests to turn off the heater when they aren’t there. Better yet, invest in a smart thermostat. The ecobee4 – currently $249 – is the latest hi-tech thermostat and can be controlled by Google Home. This’ll make it easier for you and your guests to keep the electricity off when no one is around.
6. Get a Party Squasher! It’s the perfect device for keeping your home safe during the crazy holiday season. Rent out your home with confidence and leave town with peace of mind. Party Squasher keeps you in the loop by counting the number of devices that are in your home, so you can know how many people are in your home at any given time. This means no parties and no trashed homes!